Level 2 Teaching Assistant
Hinchingbrooke School is looking for a highly motivated and committed Teaching Assistant to join our thriving SEND department.
Hinchingbrooke School, Brampton Road, Huntingdon, Cambs PE29 3BN
Closing date: Monday 11 December, 9 a.m.
Start date: As soon as possible (subject to pre-employment checks)
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: Scale 2, point 5-6, Actual starting salary £19,361 (FTE £22,737)
32.5 hours per week – term time plus training days (part-time would be considered)
Hinchingbrooke School is looking for a highly motivated and committed Teaching Assistant to join our thriving SEND department. As a part of our recovery curriculum we want to extend the support we provide to students in all areas of learning. We are seeking an individual to support our students to access their learning in a range of contexts and lessons and to be full member of our SEND support team.
This role is ideal for those who genuinely have a passion for helping students, particularly with learning difficulties, and also a fantastic opportunity for those considering a career in Teaching to gain valuable first-hand experience.
We are a friendly team and we will offer full training and support for the right individual, so do you think you have what it takes to make a difference to the lives of our SEND students? Then come and join us a Hinchingbrooke where we believe every student can fulfil their potential and challenge themselves in everything they do.
Enquiries and completed applications to email@example.com
- 23-30 days annual leave increasing with years of service
- O2 Staff discount
- Free use of on-site leisure facilities including gym and swimming pool
- Free car parking
- Generous employee pension contribution scheme and death in service benefit (LGPS)
- CPD access and support
- Employee assistance package (counselling & advice)
- Access to staff discounts from local suppliers
This is a great opportunity to work in a school with a friendly and dedicated teaching team and wonderful children. The full Job Description and Person Specification is attached below.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be calm and solution-focused
- Be proactive and show initiative
- Be creative, flexible and kind in their approach to supporting children to achieve their best
- Have a good sense of fun and want to be part of a whole staff team
- Have a good level of subject knowledge, suitable to the primary phase
We can offer:
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- A supportive and experienced teaching team
- Happy rewarding children who love learning
- Excellent resources and the wider career development opportunities