The Board of Directors of the trust is chaired by the sponsor, Brian Message and comprises 9 directors including the CEO.
The directors are responsible for achieving the trust’s objectives, as well as ensuring financial probity, compliance for all schools and for carrying out the three core functions of governance:
- ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
The Board of Directors will be responsible to the 5 trust Members who will:
- establish the trust and set out the constitution of the school, through signing its memorandum and articles of association;
- receive reports on the finances and the strategy of the school from the Directors; and
- appoint and remove Directors.
The chairman of the Board of Directors also sits on the Board of Members.